- with coronavirus infection, dry cough can be very strong and accompanied by chest pain
- COVID-19 can cause back pain similar to inflammation of the nerve - like with herpes zoster
- not typical of other viral infections complaints include very severe fatigue, blurred vision, complete loss of smell
- body aches when infected with a coronavirus can be even without an increased body temperature
- influenza always starts with a temperature above 38°C, and COVID can start with a slight increase in temperature
With a relatively mild course of coronavirus infection, a person may recover in 7-10 days, but patients often complain of fatigue, drowsiness, and general exhaustion for about two weeks or more. If COVID-19 occurs with complications, on the 7th-8th day, the state of health may worsen significantly, and this requires an urgent visit to the doctor, sometimes hospitalization.
When infected with the influenza virus, many people feel better in 7-8 days. However, if during this period, after a decrease in body temperature, it rises again, you should consult a doctor: this may indicate the development of a bacterial complication, for example, bacterial pneumonia.